This position can be full or part-time and is exempt from wage and hour regulations. This position provides an array of direct services to meet the psychiatric needs of FRBH consumers. This position may also be responsible for a variety of tasks that are nonetheless essential to the smooth functioning of FRBH under the heading of “Miscellaneous”. Medical Practitioners report directly to the Medical Services Center Site Administrator, but will receive administrative oversight when on-sight at other FRBH primary or contracted locations.
A. Programmatic Consultation, Supervision and Oversight
- Conducts, as assigned, clinical staffings to facilitate proper diagnosing and treatment planning for consumers.
- Establishes and maintains, under the direction of the MSC Site Administrator, productive consultative relationships with the medical communities in the FRBH region.
- Reviews the clinical needs of Consumers and recommends program development efforts to address those needs.
- Cooperates with Site Administrators to assure smooth functioning of shared responsibilities to consumers.
B. Direct Services
- Provides high quality evaluation services to consumers.
- Provides medically-recognized treatment to consumers including, when appropriate, prescribing and monitoring FDA approved medication(s).
- Ensures appropriate consumer education has been conducted regarding prescribed medication.
- Administers/dispenses medications as deemed appropriate and within scope of practice.
- Provides case-specific consultation for the FRBH emergency services system, as directed.
- Performs psychotherapeutic or case coordination services as assigned.
- Performs screening services for contracted entities, as appropriate.
- Meets productivity standards as assigned.
- Performs timely and accurate completion of clinical and administrative record keeping.
- Reviews self-performance to assure adequate productivity and effectiveness.
- Submits reports and information as necessary to assist FRBH in meeting reporting and accountability requirements.
- Maintains active knowledge of current governing regulations and assures compliance’s with State licensing and/or certification requirements.
- Participates on committees or workgroups, as assigned.
- Attends and represents FRBH at statewide meetings, trainings and conferences as appropriate and assigned.
- Attends periodic meetings and/or trainings as assigned
- Performs other duties or responsibilities as needed or assigned.
Must possess either:
- A degree from an accredited college of medicine and hold a Kentucky Medical License and be “Board Eligible” or Board Certified to practice psychiatry in Kentucky; or
- A degree from an accredited college of medicine and hold a Kentucky Medical License and be in a clinical supervisory relationship with a Board Certified Psychiatrist; or
- A degree in nursing and hold a Kentucky Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner License in Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing and be in a “collaborative practice agreement” with a Board Certified Psychiatrist.
- Experience in a community setting preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and insurable driving record.
- Clinical supervisory experience preferred.
- Must pass all required background checks prior to employment and annually thereafter.