This position is full-time and exempt from wage and hour regulations. The position primarily provides peer review determinations regarding level of care recommendations by FRBH professional staff members; however, s/he also provides direct services to consumers in the FRBH crisis stabilization service track, provides clinical and professional supervision as permitted by law and assigned by the corporation, and provides community services as directed to meet FRBH’s mission and goals. This position may also be responsible for a variety of tasks that are nonetheless essential under the heading of “Miscellaneous”. Clinical supervision of the services delivered by an ECMH Specialist, when necessary, is conducted as required by the Kentucky Revised Statutes and Kentucky Administrative Regulations (as promulgated by the Credentialing Boards of both the supervisor’s profession and the supervisee’s profession), as well as per FRBH contractual agreement mandates and/or FRBH policy. The position reports administratively and clinically to the Center for Community Support Programs Site Administrator or as otherwise specified in an Appointment Letter.
- Reviews level of care recommendations (i.e. hospitalization or other services not directly provided by FRBH) for clinical, programmatic and administrative appropriateness; and, as determined, authorizes, redirects, or rejects initial recommendations.
- Provides training to Clinical Practitioners and other FRBH Staff Members regarding criteria inherent in appropriate level of care determinations, both in circumstances of case-specific determinations and in more general educational venues.
- Provides information, screening, referral, and intake services.
- Secures information, evaluates, assesses, screens and refers consumers of all ages and diagnostic groups to the most appropriate available treatment option.
- Formulates diagnostic impressions and develops treatment plans appropriate to the related diagnostic impressions.
- Performs psychosocial and other evaluations allowable under the “scope of practice” of his/her professional licensure or certification.
- Provides services to consumers in both traditional office settings and other locations as necessary, appropriate and approved.
- Coordinates and consults with referral sources and other resources on behalf of FRBH consumers.
- Responds to emergency requests, both during office hours and during after-hours on-call rotations, providing services either by telephone and/or face‑to‑face as appropriate.
- Participates in clinical staffing of cases and assists in coverage for specialized FRBH programs (e.g. therapeutic rehabilitation or partial hospitalization) as needed and assigned.
- Provides treatment services utilizing a variety of modalities and techniques as appropriate, including but not limited to individual and group therapy.
Clinical and Professional Supervision Services
- Provides clinical and professional supervision of assigned staff members according to the mandates of Kentucky Revised Statutes, Kentucky Administrative Regulations (as promulgated by the credentialing boards of both their own profession and that of the supervisee’s profession), corporate contractual agreements, and corporate policy.
- Provides evaluative feedback regarding professional performance of their supervisees to the supervisees’ administrative supervisors.
- Assists and participates in public relations, community education, and organization activities of FRBH in accordance with established policies and procedures and under the direction of his/her assigned Site Administrator.
- Works with other behavioral health agencies, the medical community, and other community organizations as appropriate and assigned.
- Provides and conducts workshops, seminars, and general educational informational meetings as assigned.
- Conducts other consultation, education, and prevention activities as assigned.
- Meets productivity standards as assigned.
- Assists in development of Emergency Services / On-Call schedules.
- Maintains appropriate clinical and administrative records as required.
- Participates on committees and in staffings as assigned.
- Attends periodic meetings and/or trainings as assigned
- Performs other duties or responsibilities as needed or assigned.
- Must possess a graduate degree in a behavioral health discipline.
- Must possess a professional practice credential, independent practice credential preferred, from either the:
- Kentucky Board of Psychology
- Kentucky Board of Social Work
- Kentucky Board of Professional Counselors
- Kentucky Board of Marriage and Family Therapists
- Must have a valid driver’s license and insurable driving record.
- Must have three (3) years post master’s degree experience.
- Must have two (2) years experience as a Qualified Mental Health Professional (c.f. KRS 202A) on staff with FRBH.
- Must pass all required background checks.