This position is full-time and covered under Wage and Hour Regulations with a flexible 40 hour per week schedule. This position is a member of the Financial Services Department and expedites tasks related to financial standards and compliance. Duties of this position can include aspects of “accounts receivable” functions and/or aspects of “accounts payable” functions. This position may also be responsible for a variety of tasks that are nonetheless essential to the smooth functioning of the corporation under the heading of “Miscellaneous”. This position is required to submit four (4) weeks’ notice of termination. This position reports directly to the Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer or as directed in an Appointment Letter.
- Accounts Receivable Functions
- Expedites tasks related to billing for services.
- Responds to or appropriately redirects inquiries from any billed entity.
- Tracks and makes appropriate inquiries into unpaid claims.
- Assembles and submits data necessary to process or re-file claims.
- Expedites all assigned financial data submissions within established deadlines.
- Expedites appropriate account adjustments when claims are irreversibly denied or cease viability.
- Provides consultation and technical assistance to FRBH staff members related to billing.Expedites tasks related to receiving, processing, and recording funds received.
- Accounts Payable Functions
- Assists in the proper management of corporate payroll activities as assigned.
- Maintains vendor files as directed.
- Expedites tasks designed to meet, track, pay and/or otherwise address FRBH financial obligations on a day-to-day basis according to established policies, procedures, and/or protocols.
- Responds to or appropriately redirects inquiries regarding submissions for payments.
- Assists in the security of physical or electronic instruments of fund release
- Miscellaneous Responsibilities
- Meets productivity standards as assigned.
- Serves as substitute/relief for fellow Financial Services Department staff members when necessary or appropriate.
- Assists in the development and submission of “financially true” periodic reports
- Works cooperatively with all FRBH staff members and contract entities to facilitate smooth corporate functioning.
- Participates in financial auditing visits by external entities as assigned.
- Attends periodic meetings and/or trainings as assigned.
- Performs other duties or responsibilities as needed or assigned.
Must possess a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and insurable driving record.
- Must have computer literacy.
- Must have two (2) years accounting/bookkeeping experience, health care setting preferred.
Must pass all required background checks.